Whole Body Cryotherapy
WBC [Whole Body Cryotherapy] is short exposure to extreme cold in our cryosauna. Our WBC is a fast and effective alternative to traditional ice baths. In under three minutes a dry chill drops the ambient temperature to a range of -130°F to -184°F. Chill and find relief!
People use cryotherapy for a variety of reasons. Cold application is normal for inflammation and injury and some are using cryo to complement their treatment for a variety of issues and injuries.
- To help with chronic pain management
- Decrease inflammation and speed up healing time
- Decrease spasms
And some report using it as part of their wellness routine.
- to feel refreshed and invigorated
- The endorphin mood boost
- Increase metabolism to support weight loss efforts
- Support the immune system
Both elite athletes and weekend warriors have been using it as part of their routine for years. They feel the benefits give them a competitive edge.
- Faster recovery can mean harder workouts
- Promotes rapid healing
- Reduces post-workout and post-event soreness
- Increase range of motion
Add a NormaTec Session to power up your chill session.
Contraindications for Cryo include
Uncontrolled high blood pressure / prior heart attack / unstable chest pain / disease of blood vessels / history of blood clots / uncontrolled seizure disorder / cold allergy / open sores / nerve pain in feet or legs / pregnancy / Raynaud's disease / Conditions or disease with increased sensitivity to cold
What to expect
- Don't shave before a cryo session. We suggest giving it 24 hours
- While we provide you with gloves, socks and shoes specifically for the cryotherapy session, men must wear boxers or briefs or compression shorts. It is recommended women wear undergarments. We suggest a sports bra as nothing metal can be against the skin during a cryo session.
- Dry clothing, dry skin and dry hair is required! Don't come directly after a shower or workout. Make sure you do not apply lotion to your skin for several hours before a cryo session.
- All metal piercings and jewelry must be removed from the neck down during your session.
- You are in complete control of your session. There will always be a cryo tech with you in the room to guide you through your experience!