Preparing for your float
- Make sure if you've recently dyed your hair, a water rinse runs free of hair color before coming to float.
- Have a light meal or snack before floating
- Don't shave the day of floating as salt water may irritate your skin
- Wear contacts? Bring glasses or your contact case.
- Avoid stimulants 4+ hours before floating
- Don't worry about packing a swimsuit! You have a private room and we suggest floating in the nude.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early for your first float so you have time to fill out a brief intake form and still have time to relax and prepare for your first float before your float facilitator walks you through the process.
A float facilitator will guide you through your first float to make sure you are comfortable and confident through your experience. Never hesitate to ask questions! We are here to help.
Your float experience
- Put in the earplugs that are provided for you
- Shower, using a little bit of shampoo to wash your hair thoroughly, wipe off makeup and wash away perfumes and deodorants from your body.
- Slowly enter the float tank using the grab bars as you lower yourself into 10" of water
- Lay back and relax!
- When your float is over, music will play into the tank.
- Slowly get up and wring out your hair, leaving as much salt as possible in the tank before using the grab bars while stepping out of the tank.
- Rinse off the salt thoroughly. No need to was your hair again.
- Once you are dried and dressed, we encourage you to make your way to the relaxation room for some complimentary tea, coffee or water. Or perhaps you'd like to head to the taproom for some kombucha. If you need to go back out into the world, our prep room is stocked with a hairdryer and toiletries to leave looking your best.